Gluten, Dairy and Tomato Free Pizza!

So I came up with the thought to make this pizza after I went to the iridologist, and he told me that I needed to follow the Eat Right for Your Type diet. Now with me, when I'm gung ho about something I have to jump in with both feet. That Sunday however, my sister was having everyone over for homemade pizza. (Gasp) one of my all time favorites. So I rushed to the internet to check to see if I could find some good Type A recipes. After of few minutes of research I found a few recipes that would enable me to make a complete pizza. Type A's do not digest tomatoes, cow dairy, or wheat very well. This is going to be some interesting pizza, I thought. I was excited to make it because trying new concoctions motivates me to get in the kitchen and work out. Following is the recipe for the gluten free crust, and the no tomato tomato sauce that made this pizza a one of a kind hit!

Gluten Free Oat Crust.


Ingredients

2 cups oat flour
1 cup warm water
1 packet yeast
1 teaspoon honey
1 Tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
Ground flax seeds (optional)
(can add herbs too)

Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit
Dissolve honey and yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl.
When yeast begins to activate (about 10 minutes later), add oil and salt and slowly add oat flour and mix well.
When a ball forms knead for about 10 minutes until its no longer sticky (adding flour if needed).
This next part I use the big board with the handle that you use to remove pizza from the oven.
Lightly sprinkle ground flaxseed over the board to prevent the dough from sticking, and gently roll out dough into a thin shape that accomodates your baking pan, shaking the board every few rolls to make sure dough isn't sticking.


After you've rolled out the dough, place it and shape it in your backing pan. Place it in the oven and bake it for five minutes.

In the meantime, you can start making the sauce.

No Tomato Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups steamed carrots
1/3 cup steamed beets
1/2 cup water
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 Tablespoon Basil
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/8 teaspoon Oregano
3/4 cup chopped cooked onions (I use dried flakes but not this much)
1 clove minced garlic


Steam carrots and beets until tender.
Brown onion & garlic together.
Measure all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Add more water if sauce is too thick, until your sauce has the desired consistancy. Spoon sauce over pizza crust once it's out of the oven. You will have more sauce than you need, so freeze in a freezer bag


Now add your toppings:

Almond cheese, mushrooms, onions, spinach, peppers etc., and bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minute or until both the crust is cooked and the cheese is melted well. Allow to properly cool and enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment