Sugar Free, Gluten Free Berry Crisp!


Everyone who knows me, knows that I love to bake. I dont care what diet I'm on, I have to have some kind of outlet for baking. Even if it's just occasionally. So when I decided to get on the Eat Right for Your Type Diet, I decided to try some gluten free, sugar free recipes. This one I actually just made up out of my head and it turned out very tasty. I went through my little list of beneficial foods for my "type" and then went to work in the kitchen.. I decided to make a berry crisp and this is how the recipe goes.

Ingredients
1 8 oz package of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
1 1/2 cups all natural cran-apple juice
1/3-1/2 cup of honey
2 tsp of Cornstarch
2 Tbsp Ghee or palm oil
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup of buckwheat flour.
pinch of cinnamon

Directions
Sit berries out to thaw if using frozen fruit. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
Pour most of the cran-apple juice out into a medium sized mixing bowl. With the remaining juice add and dissolve the cornstarch. Stir this up and add it to the juice. Now add your honey and cinnamon, stir, and pour into a small-med sized pyrex baking dish.




Now in a small bowl mix (with a fork) the buckwheat, oats and shortening of choice until crumbly. Then sprinkle crumbs over the top of the berry filling. Place pan into the heated oven and bake for 45 mins or until berry filling has thickened and crumb topping is baked well. Serve alone or with rice or other non-dairy ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment